icons/avalancheicons/bootscompassfacebookicons/gloveshandsicons/hearticons/helmeticons/ice axeinstagramminusmountainicons/pathsMap Pinplusicons/questionicons/guideicons/ropeicons/gogglesicons/stafftenttwitteryoutube
Mountain Madness Climber

Aconcagua # 3 Team Waiting at Camp 2

Ossy called in with an update from Camp 2 on the Pol­ish Tra­verse:

The team’s progress so far.

We are in Camp 2. Every­body is good. We have a strong group and every­one is doing well despite a cou­ple stom­ach aches the past cou­ple days. The wind is picked up as we moved to Camp 2 today. The fore­cast is pre­dict­ing 80 mph winds on our sum­mit day so we are going to wait out the storm and push our sum­mit attempt back a day. We are going to stay here in Camp 2 until the storm pass­es and move to Camp 3 hope­ful­ly on the 23rd

Jim­my wants to say hi” to his moth­er and tell her not to wor­ry! We will call again on Mon­day with anoth­er update.”

~ MM Guide Ossy Freire

All pho­tos from pre­vi­ous expeditions

Camp 2 . Mark Schwab photo

An Argen­tine pic­nic. Mark Schwab photo

Ossy (on left) on pre­vi­ous trip tak­ing in the Camp 2 view. MM collection 

Mov­ing up to Camp 2. MM collection 

Next Aconcagua blog

Pre­vi­ous Aconcagua blog