icons/avalancheicons/bootscompassfacebookicons/gloveshandsicons/hearticons/helmeticons/ice axeinstagramminusmountainicons/pathsMap Pinplusicons/questionicons/guideicons/ropeicons/gogglesicons/stafftenttwitteryoutube
Mountain Madness Climber

Aconcagua Team Battles Wind

Decem­ber 10th

We received an update from Joshua in base camp of Aconcagua yes­ter­day report­ing that the team is cross­ing their fin­gers that the high winds die down in time for a sum­mit attempt on Thurs­day. The team pushed up to Nido de Con­dores and spent the night on Sun­day night, just in time for strong winds to move in. Accord­ing to their fore­cast, they were expect­ing some wind, but not 60 mph!! When Joshua called Base Camp and heard that the winds would not stop until Wednes­day, the team descend­ed back to Base Camp. They are patient­ly await­ing more favor­able fore­casts and hop­ing for a sum­mit push on Thursday. 

One of the team’s tents get­ting blast­ed by the wind. Joshua Jar­rin photo

Decem­ber 11th

Today, Joshua checked in with an email titled We are going for it!” The fore­cast has announced good weath­er for Wednes­day and Thurs­day. The plan is to leave tomor­row for Nido de Con­dores (or Camp 2), and for the sum­mit the fol­low­ing day. Hope­ful­ly we will be hear­ing from them on Fri­day with good news!