Alps Custom Climbs
Classic Itineraries For All Levels
Unless otherwise noted, our programs in the Alps are arranged on a custom basis. Join us on our classic itineraries suitable for all skill levels or design your own and sample some of the technical climbing available in Switzerland and France. We’ll work closely with you to determine the dates that best suits your needs. Trips are generally arranged one of three ways:
- A private climb for you
- An open climb with other climbers added to your date
- Join an open climb that is already scheduled.
Alps climbs book early, please contact us for details and availability.
- Comfortable accommodations — huts or hotels the entire time
- Outstanding acclimatization climbs
- Low client to guide ratio with IFMGA/UIAGM certified guides
- Aesthetic routes in one of the world’s greatest and most accessible ranges
- European culture and excellent food
If you’ve joined Mountain Madness on previous international trips you know that we normally offer all-inclusive trips. Our Alps program, however, is different. Due to the wide availability of hotels and restaurants high cost of operating trips in the region, we have set it up so that our clients can choose the level of service they would like for meals and hotels. Also, with the schedule flexibility that the Alps offer, our itineraries often change to maximize opportunities, which makes it difficult to keep to a specific budget.
We do, however, make the reservations for the huts, so you do not have to concern yourself with that process. You are responsible for arranging your hotel stays. We will help you along the way as you make your plans. Please contact us for more details.
from $575 – Per Day
- 1:1 - $810 per person
- 2:1 - $575 per person
- IFMGA/UIAGM certified guide
- Group gear
Price Does Not Include
- International airfare
- Hotel and hut accommodations (non-refundable hut deposits may apply)
- Gondola fees
- Transportation between climbing objectives for you and guide when travelling between; for example, Chamonix and Zermatt, or Zermatt and Grindlewald; an additional cost for your guide will be included in the final price
- Alcoholic and bottled beverages
- Personal climbing gear and clothing
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, room service, extra meals, etc.)
- Travel insurance with trip cancellation, medical and evacuation policy
- All expenses associated with non-scheduled departure
- Guide gratuities
- $700 deposit at time of registration, which includes a $300 non-refundable registration fee
- Balance due 120 days prior to departure
- The balance may be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or credit card with a 3% convenience fee
Climbs are Arranged on a Custom Basis — Contact Us
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- MMI strongly recommends trip cancellation/interruption and evacuation insurance for all trips. Our insurance partner, Ripcord, offers comprehensive travel insurance including trip cancellation, as well as rescue/evacuation policies and can assist in answering any questions. In addition, Participant is expected to have sufficient medical insurance as prescribed by their country of origin. Participant understands that MMI does not include any type of insurance with the cost of the trip.
- If you decide to cancel your trip or change your itinerary, MMI must be notified in writing. Your trip will be cancelled from the date written notice is received. If proper written cancellation notice is not received, amounts paid and reservations made will be forfeited.
- Non-refundable fees may apply for certain trips in order to secure permits and other services. MMI must strictly adhere to cancellation policies outside MMI’s control.
- Due to the personalized service we offer on our trips, MMI reserves the right to waive any fees. We will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- Circumstances outside the control of MMI and its partners, may require amended cancellation/refund policies. Such circumstances may include, but are not limited to COVID-19, natural disasters, wildfires, terrorism and so forth.
- Full refund, less the non-refundable registration fee, will be provided 121 days or more before the departure date
- No refunds will be provided 120 days or less before the departure date
We strongly recommend the purchase of travel cancellation insurance to protect you from the unexpected. You aren’t likely to think of it now, but people do get ill, break a bone, have a family emergency or get assigned to a last-minute business trip. If you are in remote areas, please note that emergency rescue & evacuation can be very expensive.
We also strongly urge you to consider rescue and evacuation insurance if your own policy does not provide the coverage needed. Services available may include, but are not limited to, helicopter evacuation, medical care, etc.
If you choose not to purchase insurance, you assume full responsibility for any expenses incurred in the event of a medical emergency and/or evacuation, as well as for trip cancellation, interruption, lost luggage, etc. We are not the experts and therefore ask that you please consult our travel insurance partner directly with any specific questions.
To protect against losses due to illness, accident, or other unforeseen circumstances, Mountain Madness strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance as soon as possible after making a deposit. Mountain Madness has partnered with Redpoint Resolutions as our preferred travel insurance provider. Redpoint’s Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance™ is designed for adventurers.
For a quote, or to purchase travel insurance, please click this link Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance™ or call +1 – 415-481‑0600. Pricing varies based on age, trip cost, trip length, and level of coverage.
Critical benefits of Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance include:
- A completely integrated program with a single point of contact for emergency services, travel assistance, and insurance claims
- Evacuation and rescue services from your point of injury or illness to your hospital of choice
- Comprehensive travel insurance for trip cancellation/interruption, primary medical expense coverage, baggage loss or delay, emergency accident and emergency sickness medical expense, emergency dental, accidental death and dismemberment, and more
- Optional security evacuation coverage in case of an unplanned natural disaster or other security events
- Waiver for pre-existing conditions (must be purchased within 14 days of tour deposit)
- Optional “Cancel for Any Reason” coverage (must be purchased within 14 days of tour deposit)
- 1:1 - $810 per person
- 2:1 - $575 per person