Terms and Conditions
Please read and understand the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS before submitting your registration to Mountain Madness, Inc. (MMI)
REGISTRATION: Each participant must fill out an online registration form. Your registration will be reviewed and confirmed via email and/or phone. MMI reserves the right to deny participation to any prospective participant based on the information provided on the registration form. It is also mandatory for the participant to inform MMI of any changes to information on the registration form before the departure date.
RESERVATIONS: A spot will be reserved for the participant for a specific trek, climb, course or other activity (herein referred to as “trip”) once the deposit on the corresponding payment schedule is received. Deposit payments must be made by credit card. Deposits include a non-refundable registration fee in accordance with the corresponding payment schedule. Your deposit is your confirmation that you agree to all the TERMS, CONDITIONS AND POLICIES for your selected trip.
TRIP INFORMATION: Once your registration is confirmed, we will send you all relevant and important material for your selected trip.
PRICING: All advertised pricing in MMI print and online is expressed in US Dollars. Prices are subject to change as a result of forces outside of MMI’s control and include, but are not limited to, park fee increases, airline surcharges, and so forth.
BALANCE DUE: All balances for trips outside the United States (international trips) and Denali are due 120 days prior to the departure date of the selected trip(s)* in accordance with the corresponding payment schedule. Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline stated above, risk forfeiture of their spot on the trip without any refund of deposit.
All balances for trips in the United States (domestic trips), except Denali are due 90 days prior to the departure date of the selected trip(s)* in accordance with the corresponding payment schedule. Participants whose balances are not received by the 90-day deadline stated above, risk forfeiture of their spot on the trip without any refund of deposit.
Final balance payments may be made by check, credit/debit card with a 3% convenience fee, ACH transfer or wire transfer
Registrations within 90 days of departure, (120 days for Everest, Denali, Logan, Carstensz and Vinson) require full payment at time of registration.
DATE CHANGE FEE POLICY: All date changes must be received in writing. Changes are determined at MMI’s discretion and if approved, must be accompanied by a new trip registration. Any change from scheduled trip departure can be extremely difficult and is subject to all incurred expenses as assessed by MMI. All date changes are for credit only (no refunds) and valid for one year from written change notification and receipt of new registration. A $200 date change fee will be assessed for all domestic trips and a $300 date change fee will be assessed for all international trips.
- MMI strongly recommends trip cancellation/interruption and evacuation insurance for all trips. MMI will send links to partner travel insurance providers upon registration and will assist in directing questions to the appropriate sources. In addition, Participant is expected to have sufficient medical insurance as prescribed by their country of origin. Participant understands that MMI does not include any type of insurance with the cost of the trip.
- If you decide to cancel your trip or change your itinerary, MMI must be notified in writing. Your trip will be cancelled from the date written notice is received. If proper written cancellation notice is not received, amounts paid and reservations made will be forfeited.
- Non-refundable fees may apply for certain trips in order to secure permits and other services; e.g. Inca Trail and Himalayan peak permits, and Vinson airfare. MMI must strictly adhere to cancellation policies outside MMI’s control.
- Due to the personalized service we offer on our trips, MMI reserves the right to waive any fees. We will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- Full refund, less the non-refundable registration fee, will be provided 91 days or more before the departure date of the participant’s selected trip.
- No refunds will be provided 89 days or less before the departure date of the participant’s selected trip.
- Full refund, less the non-refundable registration fee, will be provided 121 days or more before the departure date of the participant’s selected trip.
- No refunds will be provided 120 days or less before the departure date of the participant’s selected trip.
Trips with Special Consideration: (Carstensz, Denali, Everest, Logan, and Vinson)
- No refunds on the deposit, nor balance payment will be provided for Mount Everest due to the great expense incurred planning/facilitating such an expedition.
- Full refund, less the non-refundable deposit, will be provided 121 days or more before the departure date for Carstensz, Denali, Logan and Vinson.
- No refunds will be provided 120 days or less before the departure date for Carstensz, Denali, Logan and Vinson.
EARLY DEPARTURES/ITINERARY CHANGES: No refunds will be given for participants leaving a trip by personal choice, or by direction of the guide. Unscheduled services such as transportation, meals, hotels, etc., are the responsibility of the Participant. MMI is not responsible for any additional expenses incurred or associated with early departure from the participant’s selected trip for whatever reason, including but not limited to illness, injury or personal reasons. MMI is not responsible for any expenses incurred due to deviation from the schedule undertaken by choice of the Participant(s). Trip participant is responsible for all additional services associated with a cancelled trip.
MMI TRIP CANCELLATION: MMI alone reserves the right to cancel or postpone any trip due to acts of man (e.g. war, terrorism, etc.), contraction of or exposure to airborne illness or infectious disease and
organic pathogens/specific contagious viruses (ex: COVID-19) or forces of nature beyond MMI’s control. MMI reserves the right to cancel any trip due to insufficient sign ups, in which case, MMI will provide a full refund. The opportunity to pay a small group surcharge will be made possible before the trip is cancelled. MMI is not responsible for additional expenses (e.g. non-refundable airline tickets, visa fees, equipment, etc.) incurred by Participant in preparation for a cancelled trip, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
ROUTE AND SERVICE CHANGES: MMI reserves the right to change the specified route, itinerary or service (hotels, airfare, guides, etc.) It is possible that a route change due to forces of nature may become necessary on the trip. Route changes will always be at the discretion of the guide. No refunds will be available in the event of any route, itinerary or service change. MMI is not responsible for any additional costs that may arise due to route, itinerary or service changes. Delays and postponements in transportation may also sometimes occur. MMI cannot be responsible for these at any time, nor additional costs incurred. Every effort will be made to minimize any inconvenience to the participant.
AGENT RESPONSIBILITY: MMI, it’s officers, agents, contractors, employees, owners, directors, associates, and all other persons or entities associated or acting in any capacity for or on behalf of this business hereby give notice that they act only as agents for hotels, transportation companies, land operators and suppliers of travel services. MMI assumes no responsibility or liability in connection with the operation or service of any aircraft, motor vehicle, other conveyance, inn, lodge or hotel which may be used wholly, or in part, for services to MMI and its clients. MMI, its operators, airlines and agents will not be responsible for any act, error, omission, nor for any injury, loss accident, delay, inconvenience, irregularity or damage which may be occasioned by any cause whatsoever. This includes acts of nature, civil disturbance, government restrictions or failure of any means of conveyance to adhere to published schedule.
BAGGAGE/PROPERTY: MMI will take every care with client’s baggage and property but is not liable for loss, damage, theft or delayed delivery. MMI acts as an agent for the transport, accommodations, and services of the company supplying this trip. MMI may not be held liable for non-performance of any such supplier.
EVACUATIONS: Trip members are responsible for the full cost of any evacuations.
CONSENT TO TREATMENT: I hereby consent to any hospital care or medical or surgical diagnosis or first aid activities with Mountain Madness and its agents, if I am not able at that time to give my written consent due to unconsciousness, disorientation or other mental incapacity. I also understand and agree that I am solely responsible for all appropriate charges for such services and that Mountain Madness and its agents are under no duty to provide any first aid or medical treatment in any event.
CONSENT TO TREATMENT (MINORS): I authorize Mountain Madness personnel to call for medical care for the minor or to transport the minor to a medical facility or hospital if, in the opinion of such personnel, the minor needs medical attention. I further authorize appropriate personnel to render such medical treatment as is necessary for the health of the minor, in their professional opinion. I agree that once the minor is in the care of medical personnel or a medical facility, Mountain Madness shall have no further responsibility for the minor and I agree to pay all costs associated with such medical care and transportation.