icons/avalancheicons/bootscompassfacebookicons/gloveshandsicons/hearticons/helmeticons/ice axeinstagramminusmountainicons/pathsMap Pinplusicons/questionicons/guideicons/ropeicons/gogglesicons/stafftenttwitteryoutube

Aconcagua Team Preparing For Summit Bid

Ossy called in today from Camp 3 with the rest of the team, hap­py to have reached their camp before the winds picked up. They arrived about 4 hours ago and are now wait­ing out the 50 mph winds and blow­ing snow. Every­one is well and strong and very excit­ed for a sum­mit attempt tomor­row morn­ing once the winds have died down. 

Ossy laughed on the phone when he pre­dict­ed that the tem­per­a­ture was rough­ly 30 below. It’s good to hear they are in good spir­its despite the frigid tem­per­a­tures! Sat­ur­day, the team made a car­ry to Camp 3. Yes­ter­day they had a reju­ve­nat­ing rest day, with every­one drink­ing and eat­ing lots. They are all con­serv­ing ener­gy now, but if weath­er per­mits, the team will call us tomor­row morn­ing from the summit!

Once the team returns back down the moun­tain, Ossy will be get­ting ready for the next Aconcagua Pol­ish Tra­verse that begins Jan. 29th. Wish them luck!

(All pho­tos from pre­vi­ous expeditions)

Mark Schwab photo

Mark Schwab photo

Mark Schwab photo

Next Aconcagua blog

Pre­vi­ous Aconcagua blog