American Mountain Guide Association Accreditation
Established in 1986, the AMGA Accreditation Program endorses guide services, climbing programs, and/or school or university outdoor programs that offer climbing instruction, guided climbing, or skiing services. Accreditation provides a consistent standard for judging the reliability and professionalism of a climbing service by ensuring it:
- Conforms to industry standards;
- Guarantees rigorous and uniform guide training;
- Is compliant with state and federal law;
- Promotes ethical business practices.
- Businesses are committed to high technical standards, strong programs, and a quality staff of engaged and engaging climbing instructors and guides;
- Businesses have AMGA certified guides and climbing instructors on staff.
- Businesses encourage staff members to pursue AMGA certification, provide mentoring, and support staff through the AMGA training and certification process.
- Accredited businesses conduct annual terrain specific trainings utilizing AMGA certified staff members.